The City has announced Welcome Back Weeks, which are a key part of the ongoing effort to bring workers, small businesses, and visitors back downtown. One of the three large-scale Welcome Back Week events is in Westlake Park and Pacific Place, and it will feature a slate of family-friendly programming, including:
- A ‘Halloween in July’ event where kids and families can dress up and trick-or-treat across local stores in Westlake Park and Pacific Place
- Sidewalk sales and food trucks with local small business owners bringing their stores into the public space for outdoor vending
- Free face painting, a costume contest, THRILLER dance classes, workshops and activities for the whole family
- Live performances throughout the day featuring El Vez, Teatro Zinzanni, SANCA’s Cirrus Circus, Lelavision, Up Up Circus and more
- Vaccine pop-up offering Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer
We think this is a great opportunity for members to welcome back old customers and potentially meet some new ones! Here are the ways you can participate:
- As part of the ‘Halloween in July’ event, you can have your doors open to trick-or-treaters.
- You and your staff can dress up in costume to help create a festive atmosphere for shoppers.
- If you have any merchandise or swag, you can participate in a Sidewalk Sale by setting up temporary storefront outside! That way, you can capitalize on all the families and visitors milling about for the various performances and workshops.
If you do participate in the Welcome Back to Westlake event, here’s what the City will provide:
- Signage that you can hang in your store to indicate that folks can trick-or-treat there
- Candy and swag that you can distribute to trick-or-treaters
- Marketing materials and robust promotion for the event
The City needs two things from you: A commitment to participate, and help amplifying the event to your customers and networks! You can also provide your own branded swag for trick-or-treaters.
If you would like to participate, call Michael Wells (see below) ASAP and he can get you the full event details. We’re excited about this great opportunity to bring thousands of families down to Westlake and help this historic neighborhood and our members recover from the pandemic.
Curious about the other Welcome Back Week events? Check out this flyer!
Business Liaison, External Affairs
Office of Mayor Jenny Durkan