Public Health Seattle & King County recognizes that retail food establishments continue to be financially impacted by measures taken to control the spread of COVID-19. To address some of the financial challenges faced by establishments for the new permit cycle that runs from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022, Public Health is taking the following steps, effective immediately:
- Permit payment extension is offered through May 31: You will not be charged а late fee for annual food establishment permit renewals completed by May 31.
- You can submit your annual permit application and payment on or before May 31 without incurring any late fees.
- Renewed permits will remain valid through March 31, 2022.
Permit holders who pay their 2021 permit fees on or before May 31, 2021, are eligible for the below additional options: For either of these options, you will need to provide sufficient documentation of your business closure.
- A 50% proration of your 2021 permit fee if your business is closed from April 1 through September 30, 2021.
- A full refund of your permit fees, if the business remains closed for the entire permit cycle (April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022).
To renew your permit, please go to the payment portal www.kingcounty.gov/health/portal
If you are a food business owner and have questions related to your operation, please reach out to your Health Investigator or call 206-263-9566 to speak with office staff. For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit: www.kingcounty.gov/covid